With so many platforms to choose from, how do you know where to spend your time trying to market to your ideal audience?
Platforms and Apps such as Messenger, Snapchat and Instagram are all starting to get a bit similar with their features. As soon as one has developed a new idea, you can be pretty sure the others will follow.
There are still quite a few businesses not using Instagram, after all , it isn’t the right space for everyone. To help you ponder over wether or not your brand should be using Instagram, we’ve compiled a few stats and tips for the platform below.
Instagram in Numbers
It might not seem as an obvious choice for a marketing tool, but Instagram is attracting the attention of brands and companies all over the world. It has a potential to drive decent levels of engagement and awareness, if you get the content mix correct.
80% of instagrammers follow a business*
Current Platform Stats
Currently, the platform boasts the following stats. These are global users, not just the UK.
- 8 million business profiles mostly in the US, Brazil, Indonesia, Russia and UK
- 1 million active advertisers
- 120 million Instagrammers made a call to action from a post
- 300 million daily users
- Out of 100 people viewing your feed, 1 person goes on to make a purchase
- 55 percent of young adults (ages 18–29) use Instagram
How can I make the most of Instagram?
Great quality photos count for a lot on Instagram. Whilst you can choose a variety of filters to help your images shine, it is important to start with a good quality picture first.
Think about the purpose of your account - are you looking to raise brand awareness? If so, get your products photographed in situ. Include people using your products in photos and where possible, tag bloggers and influencers who will help you to gain the right exposure.
If you’re new, consider running some advertising of your account. This can be a great way for users to discover new products, so put yours in their feed.
Ensure you’re making use of the business account. This will give you access to metrics, insights on your followers and this type of account will allow you to list useful business information - hours, location, contact number.
Our Top 10 Tips for Using Instagram
- Include hashtags and location tags
- Using multiple hashtags increases your posts performance, aim for 2 - 3
- Photos outperform video by 2 to 1
- Promote that you have an account via your other social channels
- Ensure you have switched your account to a business profile
- Review your analytics to see what is performing the best
- Connect with your customers and partners and tag them in appropriate posts
- On average, big brands post 4.9 times per week
- Generally, the best days to post on Instagram are Mondays and Thursdays
- Make sure it fits in with your other marketing channels - don’t run it independently
If you’re considering adding this channel to your marketing mix but are short on time, give us a shout. We’d be happy to help you put together your strategy for this platform and advise on buying adverts to great creative.